Thursday, November 8, 2007

Welcome to my blog


Hello and welcome to Zenobiah Natural Beauty! 

I have made soaps for a little while now and had fairly positive feedback (from people unused to handmade items...). I enjoy it a lot so I decided I might try selling some in order to support my soapmaking habit. Hence Zenobiah Natural Beauty was invented. 


Who Zenobiah is?
Zenobiah was a beautiful woman from Roman times. She was married to a Roman ruler of a small kingdom called Palmyra. Zenobiah was so intelligent and beautiful and well-liked that when her husband died she was made ruler in his stead. This fits well with my intention to make intelligent beauty products so I promptly made her my figurehead. Read more about Zenobiah here.



When I say I make soap I don't mean using a soapbase and adding color and fragrance. I make soap from scratch, with lye and vegetable oils and store them for a couple of weeks so that the chemical process called saponification finishes. There is no lye left in the soap when it is ready to be sold. I use essential oils or fragrance oils to give my soap a nice fragrance. I also add coconut milk, cocoabutter or sheabutter to make the products even better for the skin.


Does this sound interensting? Send me an email! As soon as I manage to take some photos I will upload them here so you can see how things look.