Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Moving countries

I originally started this blog in Norwegian, my mother tongue, but as our family will move to the States within a couple of months I figured it was best to start writing in English.

My husband is American, I am Norwegian but with a half-Norwegian, half-American upbringing. Less of a culture shock that way.

For various reasons we have to move countries yet again. I moved to the States when we got married, 6 years ago. We moved to Norway to be closer to my parents 5 years ago, but my husband is too homesick and we will have to move to the States again in a couple of months. There are other reasons for the move too, of course, many of them beyond our control. Our son has ADHD and is not receiving proper follow-up in school is one of the other reasons for the move.

Anyway, the result is that I will be unable to properly dive into the world of beauty product crafting until after the move, so for now I will only make soap it seems. The less stuff we need to bring over, the better.

I hope this is the last cross-planet move we have to make, I am really tired of getting rid of 80% of my belongings because it is too expensive to ship. If anyone is reading this blog and knows of a cheap international shipping company that ships from Norway, let me know.